Leonardo Azurduy S.
- Banking and Finance
- Business Development
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- MERITAS, Law Firms Worldwide
- Ministry of Justice of Bolivia
- Bolivian Bar Association
- Fellow de Ewor
Leonardo Azurduy Saunero is a leading Partner in the practice areas of Banking and Finance Law, Corporate Law, Cross Border Negotiations, Structuring of Financial Instruments, Startups and Due Diligence Processes.
With extensive experience in advising companies in the commercial, banking and financial sectors, Leonardo has become a reference in the legal field. His in-depth knowledge of the regulations and laws related to the financial and corporate environment allows him to provide effective and strategic solutions to our clients.
In the Banking and Finance area, Leonardo has demonstrated excellence in the negotiation of important cross-border loans to Bolivian entities, as well as in the structuring of financial instruments such as bonds, promissory notes, and preferred shares. His experience covers both Bolivian and foreign entities, which provides him with an integral and global vision in the financial field.
In the corporate area, he has a solid academic background and extensive experience advising companies on legal aspects related to their incorporation, corporate operations, mergers and acquisitions, commercial contracts and corporate governance. His ability to understand the specific challenges faced by companies and to provide solutions tailored to their needs is highly valued by our clients.
As an expert in cross-border negotiations, Leonardo has participated in important transactions involving Bolivian and foreign entities. His knowledge of the legal and commercial aspects surrounding these types of operations allows him to guide our clients in a safe and efficient manner, ensuring compliance with legal requirements and the protection of their interests.
In the structuring of financial instruments, Leonardo has solid experience in the design and creation of innovative financial solutions. He has participated in the structuring of bonds, promissory notes and preferred shares granted by Bolivian commercial companies or financial entities, providing comprehensive legal advice to ensure the security and efficiency of these transactions.
In addition, Leonardo is recognized for his expertise in Due Diligence processes. He has conducted exhaustive analyses and legal evaluations of commercial companies, financial entities and banks, providing our clients with a clear vision of the risks and opportunities associated with their commercial operations.
Leonardo’s in-depth knowledge and experience in these practice areas are a valuable asset for IA, as they allow us to provide our clients with specialized, strategic legal advice and innovating tailored to the specific needs and challenges of their businesses.
- Northwestern University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Law, Master in Law (LLM), graduated with honors, Chicago (2021)
- Instituto de Empresa (IE), Business Administration Certificate, Madrid, Spain (2021)
- Universidad Católica Boliviana San Pablo, Diploma in Banking Law (2011)
- Universidad Mayor de San Andrés, Diploma in Constitutional Law (2009)
- Universidad Católica Boliviana San Pablo, Bachelor in Law, graduated as a distinguished student with honors (2009)
- Collaboration in the World Bank Group’s publication called Enabling the Business of Agriculture, 2018.
- Collaboration in the publication “Doing Business” since 2016 to date, prepared by the World Bank.
- Emprendedores Bolivia Magazine (currently Emprendores Latam) Articles Published “The need for investment companies in the startup investment cycle”, “Regulatory Sandboxes and their possible implementation in Bolivia” and “Factoring, an alternative to obtaining liquidity”.
- Seminar “Critical Aspects of the Law of Obligations in Bolivia” organized by Universidad de Los Andes, 2012